Are you passionate about technology and the career opportunities that it presents?
Do you believe in the value of automation and orchestration within the enterprise? If you have experience building, supporting, and automating data center and cloud-based solutions, creating infrastructure from code, and operating distributed applications, then we have a job for you! As an Infrastructure Engineer at WOW! You will have an exciting opportunity to be responsible for design, implementation, management, maintenance, and support of technology solutions for all physical, virtual and cloud based systems, storage and application infrastructure environments critical to the enterprise.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to those listed below:
- Change and configuration management for all server and storage technologies
- Engineer, design, automate and implement server, storage and infrastructure application solutions to solve business problems and improve overall operations
- Write and maintain custom scripts and templates to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Server and storage infrastructure administration including: security patches, software updates and installations, firmware and hardware updates and installations
- Server and storage infrastructure monitoring and alerting to ensure uptime and responsive issue resolution
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support, incident resolution and troubleshooting for server and storage hardware and infrastructure application issues
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers and application teams to implement those fixes
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Provide support assistance to application teams for internally developed and/or purchased third party applications and appliances as necessary
- Create and maintain written documentation to improve the supportability of the entire network, server, public cloud, storage and application infrastructure
- Provide project and technology leadership
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A four-year degree in IT, computer science, or a business-related field; 6-8 years relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of both experience and education
- Microsoft, VMWare, AWS or other equivalent industry certifications preferred
- 5-7 years of experience working with vmware technologies such as vsphere, vcenter, Horizon, vSAN and NSX is required.
- 4-6 years of experience working with SANs and data protection solutions is required.
- 3-5 years of experience working with Microsoft Exchange, Lync and SharePoint or equivalent collaboration solutions is preferred
- 3-5 years of experience working with LAN/WAN and Internet connectivity supported systems
- 1-3 years of experience with AWS is required.
- 1-3 years of experience with Configuration Management Tools such as Ansible, Chef is required.
- Must possess advanced hardware and software troubleshooting skills, proven through previous work experience
- Experience and Passion for automation and orchestration of Infrastructure systems.
- Experience documenting processes and procedures required
- Solid scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, Perl, Ruby, Python)
- Brings passion and enthusiasm to what we do and how we do it everyday
- Demonstrates a sense of collective ownership for technology solutions
- Solves problems in alignment with overall department and company goals
- Demonstrates the ability to identify problems and present possible solutions based on research and applied knowledge
- Communicates and works well with others
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively communicate technical solution details through words and visuals
- Rapidly adapts and succeeds in a changing environment
- Is passionate about learning new technology and consistently finding ways to do things better
- Working knowledge of the following, but not limited to:
- Configuration Management Tools (Ansible, Chef etc.)
- Proficient in the entire Microsoft Office Suite
- Routers, Firewalls, Switches, Load Balancers, etc. (Juniper, Cisco, etc.)
- Server Hardware (Cisco UCS, Dell, Sun, etc.)
- Operating Systems (Windows, Linux, Solaris, etc.)
- AWS -- Amazon Web Services
- SANs (Hitachi, Nimble, EMC, etc.)
- Tools (Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Xymon, Landesk, Actifio, Veeam, etc.)
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to talk and hear
- Required to use hands to type, handle objects and paperwork
- Required to reach and hold on to items at chest level or reach above the shoulder
- Required to use close vision and be able to focus
- Must be able to physically move and set up various computer equipment as required (50 or more pounds)
- Must be able to be on call as this position will be on a rotating, on call schedule, as well as, be escalated support and be the person who has primary responsibility for all server-related equipment
- Some travel may be required
WOW! is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Religion/Gender Identity employer
Associated topics: equipment, infrastructure, ip, maintenance, network, satcom, system engineer, system specialist, system technician, technician