Job ID :
US - Maryland - Baltimore-US - Maryland - Remote / Field-US - Maryland - Rockville-US - Virginia - Remote / Field-US - Washington D.C. - Washington D.C.
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
As a Field Service Engineer for the Instrument and Enterprise Services Division (IES) of Thermo Fisher Scientific you'll be responsible for performing the on-site installation, servicing and repair of complex equipment and systems. Engineers investigate and approve operational quality of system equipment; instruct customers in the operation and maintenance of the system; serve as company liaison with customer on administrative and technical matters for assigned projects; and conduct on-site installations of the full range of Thermo Fisher Scientific electron microscopy systems and their associated options.
What will you do?
* Conduct on-site installation of complex equipment and follow testing procedures to ensure proper working order
* Conduct on-site scheduled planned maintenance visits
* Provide troubleshooting and repair support for customers and other field service personnel
* Cultivate and develop positive working relationships with customers, system users and company personnel
* Travel, often on short notice, to customer sites to resolve problems or support other field service personnel
* Complete and submit field service reports
* Provide training for customers and users on system maintenance
* Provide feedback to product quality teams
* Provide appropriate input in writing updating and correcting various Thermo Fisher system documentation
* Provide input for various reports including identifying and isolating unique problems with system
* Act as a subject expert and resource for training
This position is ideal for an experienced service engineer wanting to be involved with a dynamic team and exposed to a constant variety of customer application areas.
How will you get here?
Requires a University degree or equivalent experience in electronic or chromatography system troubleshooting
* Typically requires approximately 10 years hands on technical experience installing, troubleshooting, repairing and calibrating complex analysis tools such as SEM, TEM, FIB or similar systems.
* Must have a thorough understanding and extensive experience troubleshooting and repairing HPLC/UHPLC/IC
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
* Ability to deal effectively with customers
* Excellent interpersonal communication skills; must have a professional working proficiency in English
* Proven ability to troubleshooting complex systems and subsystems down to component level
* Literate in MS DOS and Windows software environments
* Able to read and interpret schematics
* Familiar with LC operation and maintenance.
* Must have ability to obtain a valid passport and travel regionally and internationally as required
* Must possess a valid driver's license
* Physical requirements include the ability to lift up to 50 lbs
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Associated topics: automotive, breakdown, field service, machine repair, maintenance mechanic, maintenance technician, malfunction, mechanical, millwright, repair