KFMB Stations - a TEGNA media company located in San Diego, CA - is looking for an experienced Broadcast/IT Engineer for KFMB's television and/or radio properties. KFMB Stations encompasses 2 television stations (CBS 8 and The CW San Diego) as well as 2 radio stations (KFMB-FM and KFMB-AM) in San Diego.
This position will be responsible for troubleshooting and providing technical engineering as well as IT support for our television and radio stations as well as other departments and/or other on-air operations.
- Support day to day operations of broadcast information technology systems and equipment.
- Support broadcast-centric software and hardware as well as traditional desktop and file and print services.
- Maintain programming logs as required by station management and the Federal Communications Commission.
- Maintain logs of production activities.
- Maintain, upgrade, and support broadcast Information Technology throughout the stations including the radio and/or television studios.
- Troubleshoot and repair computer hardware, software and peripherals, including network servers, storage, network operating systems, PCs and PC applications, LAN cabling, system security and virus protection.
- Support telecommunications systems including business telephone switches, PRI, VOIP, carrier Ethernet, and other telecommunications technology.
- Work with Windows 2008-2012 Server, and Active Directory in a complex LAN and WAN computing environment. Support network security, network rights, naming standards, login scripts, and software upgrades.
- Create and maintain wiring documentation, and system configuration documentation.
- Maintain knowledge and stay current on technological advances including computer software and hardware, media and entertainment technologies, television broadcasting, studio production and workstation products.
- Train on IT and Broadcast system operation and maintenance to service all aspects of the television environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- BA/BS in Computer Science or IT related degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years' television broadcast maintenance as well as network administration and/or IT experience required.
- Experience working in a contemporary broadcast technical environment, as well as radio engineering experience, is preferred but not required.
- Solid understanding of current computer hardware, network technologies, and Microsoft's Active Directory environment.
- Cisco iOS knowledge or related experience. Cisco Certification is a plus.
- Understanding of file-based multimedia technologies and video edit systems is a plus.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills (ability to clearly communicate the status of problems, provide updates to progress on projects, and offer solutions to technical issues).
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with non-technical end users.
- Customer-service oriented (focused on quality customer service for internal customers).
- Available to work various hours and days including weekends, overnights, and holidays, as needed.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., climb ladders and work on elevated surfaces, pull and install wiring, use hand and power tools, work on small components, and perform other physical tasks.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. With 47 television stations and two radio stations in 39 markets, TEGNA delivers relevant content and information to consumers across platforms. It is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. Each month, TEGNA reaches 50 million adults on-air and approximately 35 million across its digital platforms. TEGNA has been consistently honored with the industry's top awards, including Edward R. Murrow, George Polk, Alfred I. DuPont and Emmy Awards. TEGNA delivers results for advertisers through unparalleled and innovative solutions including OTT local advertising network Premion, centralized marketing resource Hatch, and G/O Digital, a one-stop shop for local businesses to connect with consumers through digital marketing. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.
Associated topics: equipment, infrastructure, ip, maintain, maintenance, satcom, server, system specialist, system technician, technician