To provide technical assistance to dealers and customers and to assist customers with inquiries to assure proper repair procedures.
Nature and Scope:
The incumbent in this position will work in house and will receive calls from dealers, distributors, customers, and Taylor field service mechanics requesting assistance in resolving technical problems related to the repair of large industrial generators. He will create a communication system between the dealer and customers and the service department in order to better serve their needs. He will use tact, courtesy, and honesty at all times in order to retain the good will of the dealer or customer. He will immediately consult with his supervisor if he cannot resolve an issue himself.
The Technical Support Representative will maintain a log of all calls from customer's dealers, or TPS personnel who are seeking technical assistance. He may be required to prepare a parts list needed for repairs and prepare a proposal to the customer for cost. He will provide written reports to his supervisor of any unusual problem or malfunction of TPS equipment and the subsequent solution. He will follow up with dealers, customers, and field service operations to assure customer satisfaction of all repairs. He will make periodic reports to the Product Support Manager of requests for technical assistance and will recommend any training needs of servicemen based on his evaluation of the types of requests for technical assistance.
The Technical Support Representative will assist his supervisor with warranty inspections, writing technical product manuals, and providing training to the field service mechanics or to dealer and customer service personnel. He will be available to the Product Support Manager for special projects.
* Serves as the Technical Support Representative, taking calls from customer, dealers, field service mechanics and others for assistance in determine nature of repair needed and best methods to accomplish such repairs.
* Maintains log and prepares reports of the types of calls received and the resolution of each call.
* Assesses training needs based on the technical assistance calls he receives and makes recommendations to his supervisor.
* Consults with supervisor on difficult or unusual requests for technical assistance.
* May travel to customer sites and/or facilities to initiate training and/or technical support.
* Assists the Product Support Manager in writing and researching Service Bulletins and procedures.
* Assists other departments with technical problems when needed.
* Five (5) years' experience as a field service repairman, preferably of industrial generators.
* Certificate of Completion of studies in mechanical and/or related field may substitute for two years of field experience.
* Tact, courtesy, and complete integrity is a must in dealing with the customer base.
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
Computer skills are essential, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as well as diagnostic software