Loading some great jobs for you...
The ASC Operating Room Technician, under the general direction of the Charge Nurse and the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse, functions to promote the safety of patient as a member of the surgical team. Responsible for assisting with operative procedures and patient care according to Surgery and Care Center (SCC) policies and procedures.
1. Assists the surgical team during operative procedures as assigned by the charge Nurse or directed by the physician
2. Actively participates in the planning and set up of all supplies needed for the operative procedure
3. Assists with the preparation of sterile area and room set up for each case
4. Assists the surgical team in maintaining patient safety through monitoring sterile technique during draping as well as throughout the surgical procedure
5. Maintains accountability for needles, sponges, and instruments as appropriate
6. Is responsible in conjunction with the circulating nurse for the labeling and handling of operative specimens
7. Willingly shares his or her expertise with co-workers and peers
8. Assists in the orientation of students or new staff
9. Will relay pertinent information and constructive suggestions to charge nurse
10. Assists with various other SCC duties that contribute to the overall functioning of the SCC, I.e.: medical record filing, ordering and stocking supplies, etc.
11. Assists with daily sterilization of equipment and supplies
12. Seeks out and takes advantage of learning situations for continuing education. Incorporate new trends and changes into daily routine
13. Participates in the routine stocking and cleaning of the Surgery Center
14. Attends and participates in staff meetings for problem solving and goal setting
15. Communicates supply and equipment repair needs to appropriate staff
1. Graduate of a technical program for operating room technicians.
2. Must be CPR certified or obtained as soon as possible following employment.
3. Previous experience in a multispecialty operating room.
4. Must have a high degree of technical skill and enjoy working in a fast paced environment which requires flexibility and adaptability to changing patient care needs.
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Ability to stand or walk for extended periods and move quickly between tasks.
2. Ability to hear and converse on the phone and in person.
3. Ability to perform fine motor tasks, such as when working with the computer, writing or phone tasks.
4. Ability to twist/bend, stoop/crouch.
5. Ability to lift and to push/pull boxes, charts, washer, autoclave, mechanical lift, OR booms, OR tables or other equipment weighing up to 20 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds.
6. Ability to safely perform patient handling tasks, such as pushing a wheelchair, ambulation assistance or transfers.
7. Ability to wear the appropriate personal protective equipment when working around bloodborne pathogens or chemicals.
8. Ability to work first or second shift type hours.
About SSM Health Dean Clinic-
Based in Madison, Wis., Dean Clinic consists of a network of more than 60 clinics in south-central Wisconsin. Our more than 500 physicians provide primary, specialty and tertiary care in the clinics as well as eye care through our Davis Duehr Dean locations. Dean Clinic also offers urgent care services and operates outpatient surgery centers. Dean Clinic joined SSM Health in 2013.
Loading some great jobs for you...