Presence Resurrection Med Location Address:
7435 West Talcott, Chicago, IL 60631 United States (US)Daily Hours:
Full-time Employment Type:
The Hyperbaric Technician is responsible for administering hyperbaric oxygen therapy and diagnostic testing to patients, under the supervision of a hyperbaric physician. All therapeutic and diagnostic modalities will be ordered by the hyperbaric physician.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide direct accurate patient care as ordered by the Hyperbaric Physician while reinforces patient education as it pertains to Hyperbaric therapy. Inspects the patient prior to therapy to ensure all safety standards are met and policies are adhered to.
- Provide complete and accurate patient records as it pertains to treatment and documentation.
- Support clinical hyperbaric facility accreditation.
- Perform hyperbaric chamber operations and system maintenance as required. Performs quality control daily on department glucometer, or as required by policy. Cleans and maintains the equipment according to infection control standards.
- Maintains continuous quality improvement duties and chart audits. Answers telephone inquiries and schedules patient treatment times. Makes an inventory check, and maintains a record of supplies and laundry items. Maintains equipment and checks backup air and oxygen supplies on a daily basis.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Education and/or Experience
Minimum of two year experience in health care preferred.
High School diploma or Technical School or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) preferred but will consider certified nursing assistant, medical assistant, or other experience certified health care professional. Wound, hyperbaric or critical care experience preferred.Computer Skills
Knowledge of Microsoft Office software.Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Must be licensed in Illinois. Must hold current license or certification in one of the following areas: National Board of Respiratory Care as a Registered Respiratory Therapist; Certified Respiratory Therapy Technician, Practical Nurse (LPN/LVN); Registered Nurse, Emergency Medical Technician; Certified Hyperbaric Technologist, Certified Nursing Assistant (CAN) or Surgical Technologist.
Certified Hyperbaric Technologist license (certified by the National Board of Diving and Hyperbaric Medical Technology) required within first 3 months of hire. CPR required.
Presence Resurrection Med CntrDepartment Name:
Wound Center RMCNearest Major Market:
Chicago Job Segment:
Medical, Medical Technologist, Technician, Hyperbaric, Respiratory, Healthcare, Technology
Associated topics: ascp, lab, laboratory, medical, medical lab science, medical technologist, sample collection, technician iii, testing, toxicology