Presence St Joseph Chicago Location Address:
2900 North Lake Shore Drive, Chicago, IL 60657 United States (US)Daily Hours:
Full-time Employment Type:
Certified Medical Assistant provides both clinical and administrative support to Presence Health Physician Network. Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conducts a history of the patient's condition and performs relevant aspects of a physical assessment, including vital signs, pain scale, height, weight, menstrual status, tetanus status, etc.
- Performs diagnostic testing, including but not limited to point of care tests, peak flows, oxygen saturation, audiograms, 12-lead EKG, spirometry, drug and alcohol testing, and vision testing.
- Performs throat swabbing, ear lavaging, phlebotomy, application of splints and posterior molds, and PPD placement and reading.
- Administers medications orally, topically and by injection according to standard medication administration principles including proper dosages, routes, and contraindications.
- Assists the physician in performing procedures by preparing the required instruments and equipment, assisting during surgical procedures and acting as an attendant during examinations.
- High School diploma or GED required. Associates degree is preferred.
- Successful completion of an accredited medical assisting program is required.
- One to three years of patient care or medical assistance experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software is needed.
- Certification as a Medical Assistant is required or must be obtained within 6 months of hire date.
- Current CPR certification is required or must be completed within the 90-day probationary period.
Presence Medical Group N/TDepartment Name:
RMG SJH PhysiartyNearest Major Market:
Chicago Job Segment:
Medical Technologist, Medical, Clinic, Medical Assistant, Cardiac, Healthcare
Associated topics: blood collection, hematopathology, lab, sample collection, scientist, surgical technologist, technician i, technician iii, technician iv, technician lab