The Field Technical Specialist will provide technical support to AHM automotive technicians at both Honda and Acura dealerships for difficult to repair vehicles. This position will provide support to AHM Service Technical Operations for vehicle validations and countermeasure assistance.
* Provide on-site technical assistance to dealer
* Reduce vehicle buybacks and trade outs
* Assess skill level and training needs of dealer technical staff and provide training
* Create Techline cases for all vehicle repairs and buyback review reports
* Create field quality reports
* Test and inventory special tools and support service engineering data collection activities
* Provide technical support for arbitration hearings.
* Attend training for new models, current issues, and new technology
* Bachelor's degree, automotive technical school degree, or equivalent work-related experience (5 years 2-5 years of work experience along with 5 years of hands on experience as a dealership Technician (Honda/Acura preferred)
* ASE certifications A1-A8 Automotive plus L1
* Strong electrical system knowledge
* Strong communication skills)
* ASE certified or equivalent experience and possess skills
* Extensive automotive technical experience & trouble shooting skills required
* Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
* This position requires extensive travel and may require future relocation
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.