The successful candidate is responsible for the operations and maintenance, patching and upgrades of all Linux/Windows based systems on the current and future Operations, Disaster Recovery and Non-Production Environments. The System Administrator is responsible for ensuring the availability and integrity of the platforms and implementing DevOps practices for seamless operations.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Ability to design, build, configure, secure, and deploy Linux/Unix and or Windows based operating systems
- Analyze system performance and manage system resources to provide optimal configuration of available resources
- Ability to analyze system vulnerabilities and apply patches and corrective actions
- Strong understanding of secured environments, NIST and DISA STIG requirements, and the ability to implement solutions to provide a hardened platform compliant with standards
- Ability to manage system backups
- Ability to management account administration activities
- Troubleshoot operating system issues emanating from hardware and software related and configuration issues
- Work with other network administrators to configure and troubleshoot network issues
- Monitor current hardware and infrastructure capacity and usage
- Troubleshoot backup related issues as required
- Active Secret clearance
- 2-5 years of directly related experience in network analysis and design.
- 8+ years of relevant job experience as a Linux/Unix and or Windows System Administrator in a fast paced operations environment.
- Demonstrated experience with RHEL 6 and 7
- Demonstrated experience with Windows 2012 and 2016
- Demonstrated experience with manage configuration control applications (SVN, Git, )
- Demonstrated experience with implementing DevOps principles and controls
- Demonstrated experience automating tasks in BASH, Shell, Python, PowerShell, or other scripting language
- Ability to provide 24 x 7 x 365 operations support
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure
- Ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Associated topics: avaya, electrical, engineer, hardware, network engineer, nortel, opnet, osp, soc, wireless