PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Manages and coordinates activities relating to planning, designing and implementing Utility of the Future solutions with concentration in fiber optic, wireless and field area networks. Has budget responsibility for a small project, sub-project or process component.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Responsible for coordinating and ensuring delivery of project activities with both internal resources and external vendors.
- Prioritize, schedule, monitor, provide status, and ensure delivery of key project activities. Identify and monitor key dependencies with potential to impact delivery.
- Coordinates with external suppliers/vendors to assess capabilities, cost and timeline for deployment.
- Interfaces with internal stakeholders at various levels to understand business drivers, engineering standards, and deployment plans.
- Coordinates design, initiation and implementation of network deployment plans to meet budgetary and timeline constraints.
- Research/assess available network/telecommunications technologies in relation to the enterprise's current and future needs
- Anticipates technical and tactical challenges and develops the contingency plans necessary for controlling costs and maintaining market deployment schedules
- Develops creative resolutions to complex problems including in-depth analysis of variable factors.
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques for obtaining results.
- Ensure compliance to Exelon architecture standards, IT governance, security controls, the Exelon Management Model and industry best practices.
- Maintains a \"big picture\" mindset in all deliverables.
- Maintain and enhance engagement with business and IT partners and other stakeholders
- Creates documentation for products and services and uses best practices to improve products and services provided to business unit partners.
- Establish positive team environment by proactively assisting and training less experienced personnel. Provide performance and development feedback as requested
- Bachelor's degree Informational Systems or Computer Science or related discipline and 5 - 8 years of experience managing IT hardware/software/telecom projects or related experience, relevant experience and familiarity with wired and wireless telecommunication solutions commonly used within the energy and utility industry, and expertise in smart grid and Field Area Network (FAN) initiatives
- Proven experience in the design, engineering and implementation of fiber optic infrastructure and networks.
- Experience developing RFI's/RFP's, budgeting/forecasting, procurement and vendor management
- Experience in a variety of transport technologies including fiber, microwave, DWDM, Broadband RF.
- Knowledge of network drawings, route maps and scopes of work, interpreting test results, and auditing projects for compliance with scopes of work.
- Familiarity with network transmission protocols
- Proven track record of working in a team environment and interfacing with management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team leader including the ability to handle conflicting priorities in a multi task environment
- Demonstrated strong independent judgment skills
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and time management skills
- Master's degree in Project Management, Informational Systems or Computer Science (or advanced technical degree) or Business Administration
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster