Our client has an excellent opportunity as an IT Field Technician covering both Orange and Seminole Counties. Ideal candidate will be a Junior Systems Administrator looking for an outside, customer-facing role. Hours are Monday-Friday, daytime hours with all local travel to business sites.
- The Field Service Technician will install, troubleshoot, repair and perform preventive maintenance on all IT customer systems and equipment; providing on-site maintenance and troubleshooting when required
- Maintains inventory control of IT equipment and systems at all customer sites
- Exhibits professional appearance and conduct in accordance with Company standards while working with end-users and the general public
- Works heavily with the following: PC hardware, laptops, wall mounted touch screen kiosks, VPN and ISP WAN devices, switches, Ethernet cabling, wireless systems, printers/copiers, Microsoft Office suite, virus protection, RDP terminal services, Windows Server 2008 and higher, MSIE, MS Outlook, etc.
- Must be able to interface with end-users, other service technicians, technical support personnel, and other technical professionals and have the communication skills to convey the situation in a tactful, professional, diplomatic and logical manner
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging etc.)
- Maintain the company service and installation vehicle in good operating condition and cleanliness
- 2+ years of professional experience performing IT upgrades, repairs, and troubleshooting
- Active CompTIA A+ and Network+ certifications
- Must have current valid driver's license and clean driving record for local travel
- Ability to pass pre-employment Criminal Background and Drug Test
- Company vehicle provided
Associated topics: equipment, infrastructure, maintenance, network, satellite, server, system engineer, system specialist, system technician, technician