Position Type: Regular
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 80
Primary Location: Chattanooga TN
Job Summary/ Purpose
Under direct supervision, performs radiographicprocedures at a technical level that does not require constant supervision oftechnical detail in accordance with the scope of training. Responsible foroperates radiology equipment to make clinical diagnostic imaging films asdirected by physicians and performs routine diagnostic procedures.Assumes the responsibilities and theperformance of acts within the educational background of the Limited Scope ofPractice in Radiology.
EssentialKey Job Responsibilities
Schedule outpatient tests and procedures at hospitals via telephone.Explain simple tests and preparation required to patient.
Position patients and adjust equipment for taking diagnostic images following established procedures.
Follow safety principles, radiation protection, and the general comfort and care of the patient.
- Maintainradiographic log, in accordance with the policy, taking responsibility fordocumentation of exam, patient s name, and/or retake reason.
- Maintainaccurate department records to satisfy both the state and federalregulations.
Maintain separate report on all diagnostic radiographs.
File and maintain shipping and receiving log of radiographs and other diagnostic tests requested.
Maintain current MSDS forms for radiology department.
Take x-rays of various portions of the body in order to diagnosis disease or injury.
Calibrate and maintain x-ray equipment.
Maintain efficient, organized, and clean work area.
Report problems or any potential problems to practice management.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned byhealthcare provider or practice management.
RequiredEducation for Staff Job Levels
HighSchool Diploma required.
- Graduate of anaccredited Limited Radiology Technology training program required.
- Certification in Non-CertifiedRadiologic Technician (NCT) Limited Scope of Practice in Radiography examissued by ARRT in one of the following modalities required:
-Head, Chest, Core, Spine or Extremities
Required Licensure and Certifications
Non-Certified Radiologic Technician (NCT) license issued by stateagency or passing the Limited Scope of Practice in Radiography exam issued byARRT in one of the following modalities required: Head, Chest, Core, Spine orExtremities
- BasicLife Support (BLS) or Advanced Care Life Support (ACLS) required.
RequiredMinimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellentcommunication and interpersonal skills.
- Familiar with standardX-ray concepts, practices and procedures within radiological technologyfield.
- Possess astrong work ethic and a high level of professionalism.
- Ability tomaintain patient information confidentiality.
- Demonstrate skillsand competencies required for this position.
- Demonstrate andunderstand compliance with HIPAA regulations.
Understandand follow orders and communicate results per physician direction.
- Demonstrates a commitment to service, organizationvalues and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at alltimes.
- Adheres to and exhibits our core values:
- Reverence:Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shapingrelationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that wehold in trust all that has been given to us.
- Integrity:Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basisof trustworthiness.
- Compassion:Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys,rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
- Excellence:Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standardsto achieve/maintain quality.
- Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive dataat all times.
- Adheres to organizational and department specificsafety standards and guidelines.
- Works collaboratively and supports efforts of teammembers.
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interactseffectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and thebroader health care community.
CatholicHealth Initiatives and its organizationsare Equal Opportunity Employers
Thisposition requires a criminal background check. Therefore, you may berequired to provide information about your criminal history in order to beconsidered for this position.
Associated topics: blood collection, medical, medical technologist, molecular, scientist, surgical technologist, technician, technician i, technician laboratory, testing