- CHI Franciscan
- $62,630.00 - 94,620.00 / Year *
- 5221 100th St SW
- Lakewood, WA 98499
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Job Title: Echo Technologist
Facility: St Clare Hospital
Location: Tacoma, WA
Department: Echo Cardiology
Job Type: Per Diem
Shift: 1st Shift
Important Note: Nicotine (including cigarettes, gum, patches, vapors, etc ) and marijuana is part of our pre-employment drug screen
* Produces two-dimensional cardiac ultrasonic recordings to evaluate the anatomy and hemodynamics (blood flow) of the heart, its valves and related blood vessels as prescribed by a physician for purposes of disease diagnosis and study of malfunctioning organs. Work includes performing ultrasound procedures, stress echo's; bubble studies and contrast echo's. Incumbents perform technological functions to ensure optimal diagnostic quality of patient test results utilizing efficient and safe processes that are in keeping with department protocols and applicable regulatory requirements. An incumbent assumes responsibility for the safe, efficient and proper operation of ultrasound equipment.
* Incumbents are also accountable for; keeping abreast of FHS standards, protocols and procedures relating to the department; keeping skills current; demonstrating evidence of continuing education to include department meetings, individualized learning opportunities from physicians and related classes.
* The Non-Registered Echo Technologist is a temporary classification for employees who are not currently registered with the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers at the time of hire. Employees have one year from date of hire to obtain the requisite registration.
* Prepares patients and performs ultrasound tests based on physicians' orders and in adherence to department protocols to obtain the correct, cross sectional anatomy and detail of a requested scan area.
* Delivers patient care for all age groups while performing ultrasound exams/procedures and/or special procedures.
* Reviews and compiles clinical data in accordance with departmental deadlines for physician interpretation of echo records.
* Performs incidental general office duties to include; answering phone; scheduling; filing; maintaining patient records; ordering supplies.
Education/Work Experience Requirements:
Graduation from an accredited diagnostic ultrasound/echo sonography program that demonstrates attainment of the requisite job knowledge skills/abilities. One year of post-graduate experience in cardiac ultrasound and/or demonstrated high degree of proficiency, knowledge, and acuity in the field of diagnostics or ultrasound is preferred.
* Current registration by ARDMS, or current certification by Cardiovascular Credentialing International as a Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS).
* Current healthcare provider BLS Certification.
* Echo Tech Non-Registered: Employees who do not have ARDMS registration (but who otherwise meet the qualifications for the \"core\" job) must be assigned to this level, and they have a period of one year from the date of hire to obtain it.
* Requisition ID: 2019-R0206917
* Schedule: Part-time
* Shift: Day Job
Associated topics: blood collection, molecular, services, surgical technologist, technician, technician i, technician ii, technician lab, technician laboratory, testing