We Are Hiring
CST Certified Surgical Technologist
Schedule: Part Time Days; 0615 - 1445
Location: St. John Medical Center, Tulsa, Oklahoma
Why Join Ascension?
Several of St. John's most recent and prestigious awards include:
- St. John Medical Center is Tulsa's only Magnet designated facility. This is nationally recognized as the gold standard in nursing excellence.
- St. John Medical Center was named by Oklahoma Magazine as one of the state's \"Best of the Best\" hospital facilities.
- In 2, St. John Medical Center was named the No.1 Hospital in Oklahoma by the U.S. News and World Report, receiving high performing rank in the following: abdominal aortic aneurysm repair, colon cancer surgery, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
Why Work for St. John
- Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It's an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients so we can provide holistic care that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit. Our innovative approach impacts and influences the community that we serve.
- Culture of Teamwork: We encourage diversity of talent and thought; while offering the support of a multidisciplinary team. We work to build teams that respect each other. A team that respects each other feels good. We are on a mission to help people feel good, patients and associates.
- Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we care for the people who are the foundation of our work to fulfill our mission: our associates. We offer a comprehensive benefit package inclusive of medical, dental, vision, retirement, and generous PTO. Associates can also take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance.
If you are looking for a place to work that will take your career to new heights, St. John Health System is for you. Our people are what makes the difference. Our associates commit themselves daily to our mission of providing spiritually center - holistic care to all, especially those that are poor and vulnerable.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St John Health System, you will have the opportunity to facilitate the safe and efficient performance of surgical procedures.
- Prepare surgical operating suite with sterile drapes and sterile solutions as well as appropriate sterile and non-sterile instruments and supplies.
- Hand required/requested instruments and supplies to surgeon during surgery.
- Assist with preparing, transporting, positioning and draping patients.
- Maintain instruments in an organized manner and monitor/track instrument counts throughout procedures.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Surgical Tech - CST Certified Surgical Technologist
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. John Health System is an EEO/AA employer:
M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the \"EEO is the Law\" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. John Health System participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E -Verify (link to E-verify site)
Associated topics: ascp, hematopathology, mls, mlt, sample collection, services, sterile processing technician, technician ii, technician iv, toxicology