We Are Hiring
Certified Dosimetrist - Ascension Michigan -
Department Hours are Monday Thru Friday 8am-4:30pm. This is a PRN ( As Needed Position) and will be required to cover Multiple Departments Including North Macomb MRT Macomb Township, St John Radiation Oncology in Grosse Pointe, Macomb Radiation Oncology in Warren MI and St John Radiation Oncology located in Rochester Hills MI.
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Michigan is a member of Ascension Health, the largest not-for-profit Catholic Health system in the United States.
Our Mission, Vision and Values: Ascension Michigan, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable.
Our Values: We are called to: Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity and Dedication
Our Vision: Our passion for healing calls us to cultivate trust, advocate wellness, and transform healthcare.
What You Will Do
As a Certified Dosimetrist with Ascension St John Hospital , you will have the opportunity to develop and administer radiation therapy treatment plans under the direction of medical physicist and radiation oncologist.
- Design a treatment plan to deliver a prescribed radiation dose and field to a defined tumor volume.
- Assist with or perform the application of specific methods of dosimetry, including intracavitary and interstitial brachytherapy procedures.
- Assist with or perform the fabrication of beam modifying devices and immobilization devices.
- Provide technical support for radiation protection procedures and qualitative machine calibrations of the radiation oncology equipment.
- Assist physicist in the design and implementation of research activities and perform special projects related to dosimetry.
- Assist in the implementation of the departments quality assurance plan.
- Design, plan, and evaluate complex dosimetry cases including conformal three dimensional, IMRT, SBRT, and SRS treatment techniques.
- Clinically instruct and train Radiation Therapists, dosimetry students, and non-certified dosimetrists in radiation physics, treatment planning and related mathematical calculations.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified Medical Dosimetrist obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists Registered Technologist in Radiation Therapy R.T.(T)(ARRT)preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in radiological physics or radiation therapy required
- Three (3) years of experience as a medical dosimetrist with experience in clinical and didactic instruction preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Michigan is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the EEO is the Law poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Ascension Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: ...@stjohn.org
. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Ascension Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Ascension Michigan.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)
Associated topics: acute, aide, certified medication aide, certified medication technician, clinical, delivery room, nursing assistant, pct, rss, wh4