We Are Hiring
Cert Medical Assistant-AHMG - Cardiology ELK Grove - Full-Time,Day - AMITA Health -Wimmer - Elk Grove Village,IL
40- hours M- F 8 to 5pm - Travel to Hoffman, Bartlett and surrounding areas as neededWhy Join AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org
) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the grater Chicagoland area.What You Will Do
As an Associate with AMITA Health, you will have the opportunity to
Assists with the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a physician.You will:
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Assists with treatments ordered by physician as supervised by physician or registered nurse. Performs select clinical duties.
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs, and records information on patients' charts. Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Performs basic clerical duties including answering the phone, maintaining records, and filing.
- Performs basic materials management functions to include ordering and stocking of supplies. Assists with maintaining a clean and orderly environment.
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Certified Medical Assistant credentialed from the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified Medical Assistant credentialed from the National Healthcare Association obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified Medical Assistant credentialed from the American Medical Technologists (AMT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified Medical Assistant credentialed from the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- HS or Equivalent
- High school diploma or equivalent preferredGraduate of certified medical assistant program required
Equal Employment Opportunity
- One or more years of experience preferred.Prior healthcare experience preferred.
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Associated topics: hematopathology, medical lab science, medical laboratory science, mlt, sterile processing technician, technician, technician ii, technician iv, technician lab, testing